Encore: A 10 Year Anniversary Celebration with Broadway Legend Joel Grey
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Presented by Orlando Health
A one-night-only event to benefit the Garden Theatre
Tickets are now on sale!
Join us for an evening of meaningful conversation and incredible entertainment featuring Broadway Legend Joel Grey. Throughout the evening, Mr. Grey will take the audience behind-the-scenes, offering a rare look into his life and career on Broadway and in Hollywood through intimate storytelling. Mr. Grey’s impressive credits include Anything Goes; Wicked; Chicago (Tony Award nom.); Cabaret (Tony Award), and the film adaptation of “Cabaret” (Academy Award).
We’ll also look back at great moments from the past decade as we look ahead to future seasons. VIP ticket guests will enjoy a post-show reception with Mr. Grey.
Attire: Black Tie Optional
$180 per person includes:
- Red carpet entry and photo opportunity
- Champagne and passed hors-d’oeuvres
- Reserved theatre seating for the evening’s entertainment
- Digital photos from the evening
- DVD of the Joel Grey program (to be mailed post-event)
- Encore swag bag
VIP Experience Ticket (SOLD OUT)
$350 per person includes the above perks, PLUS:
- Autographed copy of Grey’s new book, Master of Ceremonies: A Memoir
- In-person photo opportunity with Grey including a complimentary 8 x 10 print
- Premium, reserved theatre seating for the evening’s entertainment
- Admission to a private, VIP after-party at the Theatre featuring hors-d’oeuvres, elegant dessert, coffee stations, open bar and informal mingle time with Grey
- Access to an exclusive Garden Theatre Broadway-themed memorabilia silent auction
Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Proceeds benefit the nonprofit, Garden Theatre, which is dedicated to inspiring a discovery in each of us through innovative, impactful, and inclusive theatrical experiences.
Cost of the ticket packages, over fair market value, should be considered a charitable donation.
If you cannot attend, but wish to make a tax-deductible contribution, click below:
Corporate sponsorships are also available.
Seat assignment to be determined on the day of the event. All tickets must be picked up at registration that evening.
About Joel Grey
In a theatre career that was launched in the early 1950s, Joel Grey’s credits include Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard (Roundabout); Anything Goes; Wicked; Chicago; George M! (Tony Award nom.); Cabaret (Tony Award). He was Ned Weeks in the Public Theatre’s original Off-Broadway production of Larry Kramer’s seminal play, The Normal Heart, in 1986, and co-directed the Tony Award-winning Broadway premiere in 2011.
Film credits include “Cabaret” (Academy Award), “Buffalo Bill and the Indians,” “Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins,” “Dancer In the Dark,” “The Seven Percent Solution” and many more. Joel is also an internationally exhibited photographer with four published books: Pictures I Had to Take (2003), Looking Hard at Unexamined Things (2006), 1.3 – Images From My Phone (2009), and The Billboard Papers (2013). His work is part of the permanent collection of The Whitney Museum of American Art. His memoir, Master of Ceremonies, was released in 2016 (Flatiron Press).
Joel Grey made his professional debut at the age of nine as Pud in the Cleveland Playhouse production of On Borrowed Time.
NEW Exclusive Raffle Package: The Magical World of Disney
Love the Garden, but can’t make it to this year’s Gala? The Garden Theatre is holding a raffle to raise funds for the Theater’s mission to inspire a discovery through theatrical experiences that are innovative, impactful, and inclusive. Raffle tickets start at $25. Click here to view the Encore 2018 Raffle flier (PDF).
Exclusive Raffle Package Includes:
- Twelve (12) Complimentary One Day, Park Hopper Theme Park Passes.
- A Voucher for One (1) Room for Two (2) Nights at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- A Voucher for One (1) 7-Hour Premium VIP Tour at Walt Disney World Resort
This package has a Fair Market Value worth over $6,700!
Package generously donated by Walt Disney World Resort. Click here to read the raffle rules and regulations.