Lead House Manager (Part-Time)
Reports to: Front of House/Company Manager
Supervises: Volunteers assigned to house management and concession stand
Every employee of Garden Theatre is expected, with no exception, to behave, communicate, and present themselves in a positive, professional, and respectful manner toward customers, vendors, partners, and fellow team members at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
• Maintain and demonstrate a high level of professionalism, customer service, and positive attitude in every interaction with a team member, a volunteer, and a patron.
• Arrive 90 minutes prior to performance/event start time to set up the auditorium, lobby/concession area.
• Coordinate with Stage Management and Box Office associate to keep track of house count (audience numbers, show updates, groups, special accommodations (wheelchairs, ASL, hearing devices, etc.) sell-out status, and any other house concerns as they arise.
• Supervise volunteers, including pre-show briefing, assignments and customer interactions
• Ensure every phase of house activities is on time or close to scheduled time (house open, audience seated, late arrivals, intermissions, house clear, etc.)
• Troubleshoot any issues that arise with patrons, volunteers, group leaders during each performance.
• Reconcile box office monies at the end of box office associate’s shift.
• Clean and restore the auditorium, lobby area, and concession area immediately after each performance.
• Review the House Manager Handbook for details of specific assignments
Concession Stand Inventory:
• Conduct inventory check periodically and request items that are needed
• Schedule deliveries of F&B items and facilities supplies at the theatre and stock/organize them in designated spaces.
• Reconcile concession cash drawer and cash bag at the end of shifts.
• Alert marketing department if a Garden Theatre’s merchandise is low.
General Shift Schedule (but not limited to):
• Event types: theatrical performances, movie showings, rental/special events, and other live events
• Weekly hours may range between 20 hours to 30 hours per week.
• Weekly hours vary depending on theatre’s schedule (based on length of show and/or show additions):
Saturday: 12:30pm-4:30pm and 6:00pm-10:30pm (with a one-hour paid dinner break)
Summer Tuesday Movies: 7:00am-12:00pm
Rental/Special Events – times will vary, but can include Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening performance times.
Halloween City Candy Give-away [October 31st] 5:00pm-8:00pm
Halloween Rocky Horror Picture Show Experience [October 31st] 10:00pm-1:00am
How to Apply/Contact
Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.