COVID-19 Update and Preparation
COVID-19 UPDATE AND PREPARATION
Ensuring the safety of our audiences and employees is our highest priority.
As the 2019-2020 season continues, Garden Theatre acknowledges and shares the public’s concerns about protecting against the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). We are taking proactive steps to maintain spaces free of contamination for patrons, theatre-goers, artists, staff, students, and volunteers.
Garden Theatre is following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and coordinating with its community partners regarding all relevant safety and health updates.
We do not anticipate any disruption to your Garden Theatre experience. In addition to routine cleaning, we are taking additional disinfecting steps to protect Garden patrons and staff, including:
- Preventative cleaning and disinfecting of our lobby area, audience spaces, restrooms, theatre, concessions, and individual seats, between performances.
- Disinfection of all backstage areas.
- Hand sanitizers are also available in the lobby area as well as throughout offices and other workspaces.
We encourage all patrons and theatre-goers to take the necessary steps to protect their health. In addition to GT’s cleaning and disinfection protocols, links to more information providing illness prevention steps and facts about Covid-19 can be found below.
Garden Theatre intends to continue its ongoing performance schedule, classes, and event offerings. Ticket-holder information has been updated below, taking patron health and safety into consideration.
Throughout these rapidly-evolving circumstances, we will continue to closely monitor updates provided by the CDC and other health authorities, including all reported cases, locally, regionally, and nationwide. We will update this page as needed.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to sharing the 2019-2020 season with you!
Additional Information & Health Resources
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization
COVID-19 is a new disease, and information regarding its spread and appropriate protective measure continues to evolve. The CDC and The Florida Department of Health are your best source of information about the disease.
We ask our employees, patrons, and volunteers to follow standard preventative practices to keep themselves and others safe from the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If not possible, use hand sanitizers.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you are sick, please stay home and avoid contact with others.
The Florida Dept. of Health’s #COVID19 Call Center is 1 (866) 779-6121 available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org your questions.
COVID-19 Ticket Policy
We encourage you to take standard precautions, including frequent hand washing, to avoid the spread of any flu-like symptoms and to stay home if you feel ill.
In keeping with our commitment to great customer service, we are happy to work with any ticket-holder who cannot attend or who feels uncomfortable attending their designated performance. To discuss your options with a guest services representative, please call the Box Office at 407-877-4736, email email@example.com, or stop by the Box Office on Plant Street should you have any questions.